Arizonans hoping to do roof maintenance might want to make haste. I was up on my roof this week doing some maintenance on my turbine "whirlybird" roof vents. They'd begun to squeak, and needed to be
Carbon Monoxide Detectors Save Lives!!
As we get nearer to fall and people start turning on their furnaces, I want to share with you the story of when our furnace's heat exchanger cracked. It was just before Christmas 2004 when we were awakened in the very early morning by a piercing sound in the living room, which turned out to be our carbon monoxide detector. We had just driven back from a long trip to Colorado the night before, and easily could have slept a few more hours. Thanks to the detector, though, we didn't. According to the firemen, who found very high levels of the deadly carbon monoxide gas in our home, the carbon monoxide detector saved the lives of me, my family, and our two Labradors. Just a couple more hours, they said, and we'd have perished. And our furnace had been checked out only a couple of months prior.
"Thanks to you sharing your story, David, we've been cautious and we put a carbon monoxide detector in the rental we are staying in. A water heater was replaced yesterday and the detector sounded off last night. I'm sure we would all be dead had we not had that detector. Don't stop sharing your story and now you can add to it. I didn't sleep at all last night!"
I love helping people transact real estate, honestly! Providing excellent service, honest insight, and offering a perspective from my experience in construction that 90% of agents don't have allows me....